Monday, June 6

When Mondays are more sane and balanced than the weekend before....

For those of you following the exciting world that is mine (yes, I realise that was said with tongue very firmly in cheek) I thought I'd drop a little update on recent things. Those of you new to The Towers may wonder what I'm rambling on about.

{stops to think}

Actually, for that matter, most regulars wonder that on a regular basis so welcome one and all to a new week at Carpy's Blog'o'Confusion !

Friday was weird. Busy at work, selling my car and then getting very drunk on Absinthe. I've not drunk the stuff for a week or two and hitting it hard on a pretty empty stomach was maybe not the best bet. It's lovely stuff though and not a difficult thing to drink to excess of an evening.

Managed to catch up with a friend online very late into the session and was pleasantly surprised (and a little proud) that some of my fingers still worked at that point. The brain was flying, the fingers were holding together and the body was asleep about an hour before. Such fun when even the simplest of words "kidna cone otu lik thsi".

Saturday morning was weird - waking up really early due to the sun streaming through the window and realising that my head felt about the weight of Mars. Yes, that's the planet and not the chocolate. Though if it was the latter it would have been the Kingsize version.... but wrapped in a lead wrapper.

For those of you that haven't drunk the green stuff before the morning after is always a little...odd. No hangover in the traditional sense but you feel that your brain has a few seconds of satellite delay combined with one of those television "wobbly screen" effect. Yet you also still have a brain racing at a higher speed than normal. Strange and neither unpleasant nor pleasant. I remember going shopping in the same state a few months ago and catching myself thinking "Am I actually shopping or still asleep dreaming this ?". So strange.

Wandered into town in my befuddled state and grabbed my new MP3 player. From the state my head was in from the green fairy's after effects I may well have got home and found it was a cabbage or a spaniel that I'd just bought - I really wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer all day. More the cutting intellect of a sponge.

So my new ear-filler is a Zen Touch, a natty white block that's part iPod and part "touch-sensitive stripe-thing". I'm sure there's better ways to describe it - can you tell I don't work in the ad industry ? I've so far crammed 166 albums onto it and still have nearly 15Gb out of the 20Gb left.

I think I'm (a) going to like this and (b) will be glad I sorted my CD's out last week !

2 Comments:

At 8:32 pm, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

You are a funny boy. You make me laugh. Ha. (See?!) No really, you do!

Your little escapade with the green fairy sounds quite interesting. I'm jealous! I'm also certain that your typing was better than you considered it to be. Although the dead giveaway that you'd had too much was the rrrrrrrrrrrrrr that repeated; most likely from your head falling to a dead stop on the keyboard.

The day after from absinthe sounds better than a typical hangover. And as long as no cabbages were harmed in your shopping expedition all the better. And congrats on your new toy! =)

 
At 1:46 pm, Blogger arthur decko said...

god i love the absinthe, i really really do. and the next day, i don't feel so bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home