Tuesday, May 31

A very practical weekend over at The Towers.........

"So, whats been going on with you, Carpy ?" I hear you mutter under your breath, feigning interest......

Well, seeing as you asked, I'll fill you in.

The "Great CD sort of 2005", as it's never been called, is nearly done. I've read the advice given by the posters to my previous entry on this and tried to think of a happy medium.

So, here's the plan as it stands. All the CD's are now back on the shelves in alphabetical order...but random within each letter. That way I'll know roughly where to look for any album but can still chance upon something within that section.

This still now leaves me with about 50 compilation albums which, although they came off the shelves amongst the others, now don't fit back on there ? How does that work ? Answers on a postcard to "Hey, that's very strange...."

Also over the weekend I finally took the decision to get rid of my car. Although very attached to "Lucretia", a Ford Ka 2 (in rare Mica Stone colour, no less) I'm driving it on average about once every 8 months. Yep, you read that right. When I get in to drive it you can sense the car going "Hmmm, and you were whos exactly ?".

All this time I'm paying breakdown cover, car insurance, road tax, yearly MOT's and all those other things where you pay stupid amounts of money to get a small piece of paper. Well, it's time to be sensible and stop that here and now. With the money I save each month I can afford a train ticket or hire a car when needed and STILL be up money wise each year.

I'm sad to see it go though - it's a great little mover and, of my varied assortment of Fords, probably the best I've had - 6 CD changer, electric tinted windows, power steering and a 1.3i engine in a very light car. Now though, I really have to stop torturing myself with thinking how good it is - there isn't an "is" now , just a "was".

I'll be posting a goodbye photo on here later in the week. Yes, I realise that's very sad behaviour but after this many years with it and it being the first time in about 20 years I've not got a car, well, I think that it'll be nice to give it a send off.

Oh, and for those of you wondering my first car was a Ford Fiesta which, due to rhyming, a friend named "Uncle Fester". Hence my next cars also got Addams Family names......

1 Comments:

At 8:33 pm, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

My condolences... separating from a much loved vehicle is difficult. But here's an idea... you can sell it to ME as mine's been tempermental lately. I'll even give you visitation rights! =) And I would like a picture before she arrives. And to show my willingness to help further, you can drop those compilation CDs in the car and I'll save you the stress of finding homes for them. Wow, I'm all heart, arent' I?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home