Tuesday, May 17

What dark, forboding sound is this ?

Hyatari
"The Light Carriers"
CODE:BREAKER Records



Help me, for by the sound leeching into my ears I am truly in hell.

The monolithic riffs that assault my ears cannot be made by the hands of man - I fear the source of such eminations of noise. It pulls the darkness down around me, wrapping me with it's impermeable form.

Each behemoth of aural abomination, heavier as the last. A force which can not be seen but still felt.

I hear the tortured voices of others truly damned but away, flung back behind the sound until my ears strain to catch a single word. Their hidden meaning drawing me into the centre of the sound even more - tempting me in to risk losing myself completly in it's dark rapture.

I'm sure I'm not the first to experience this - I can only guess at the fate of the previous victims of it's lure.

The occasional slivers of light in melody form that drip from it's core are beautiful and shine like a salvation out of reach. The waves of sound batter my hands away from reaching to it's glinting.

....and still it builds.

If only I could conjure up a manifestation or two to really show to you the full nature of this unearthly yet entrancing sound of which I describe.

Just as I feel the pulsating air of menance can't get any more oppressive so it does, goodness only knows to what end. More passages of light in the darkness only serve to bring home the power of the blackness that teases me with glimpses of air in musical form.

Wait.

Fractured silence, broken only by the fluttering of crackling remnants......then peace.

I'm drawn somehow to reach out and start the noise again - what madness is this that infects me and brings on the doom of my own making. Am I to be truly destroyed by my own hand ?


This album review brought to you by the spirit of H.P. Lovecraft - maybe you have a spirit guide to write a review for you ?

6 Comments:

At 7:09 am, Blogger Just Somebody said...

It's pretty heavy (in many ways) stuff - the two samples linked are a good representation of the album.

The first two or three tracks are just crushing - no drums, no vocals and single heavy-as-lead riffs pummelling you down.

As I say, if you liked the samples then you'll like the album....and then some.

 
At 7:14 am, Blogger Just Somebody said...

Actually, to avoid all doubt, I'll drop in names like Godflesh, Neurosis, Khanate, Sleep, Sun O)))

If these ring your bell then purchase away !

 
At 9:42 am, Blogger Onkroes said...

The dark foreboding haunts my waking dreams.

I sit at my writing desk, holding my pen in shaking hand, the grim grinding sound thrilling through my soul.

I'm excited and terrified at the same time. It's difficult to explain the sensation, that deep humming that vibrates through my very bones.

The Sun wanes outside in the mist, giving the streets a ghostly feel. I look outside and imagine strange tendrils creeping out, throbbing to the sound that rasps oppresively in my temples.

I must have it, it grabs me.... the sound..... it wraps itself into the substance of my brain....

 
At 9:43 am, Blogger Onkroes said...

btw, thought I'd drop this in.... Godflesh are brilliant

 
At 12:36 pm, Blogger Just Somebody said...

I once went to see Fear Factory with Godflesh supporting but their van broke down on the way to the gig.

They finally got there halfway through FF's headlining set and, as they were such big fans, they stopped and let them play a track.

So the audience, many of which had criminally never heard of Godflesh, were treated to a 20min version of "Love is a dog from hell".

I've never seen so many people standing with open mouthed stares of "What the fu....."

Priceless

 
At 6:37 pm, Blogger Jen Jordan said...

My spirit guide spits fire and eats refreid beans.

Not a good combination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home