Saturday, May 21

Just another manic.......Saturday.

Saturday.

The day everybody looks forward to at the start of the weekend.

The day is obviously sabotaged over here at The Towers.

Firstly I'm woken up at some stupidly early time by either building work or road repairs (look, I'm no engineer but it's noisy, nearby and is banging/drilling) which lasted just long enough to wake me enough to not be able to get back to sleep again.....then stopped.

Then, thinking I may as well get up and use the extra time, I find the milk I had left has mysteriously decided to die - whilst still sealed in the bottle. Lovely. Luckily milk hit cereal but cereal didn't hit mouth. Otherwise vomit would have hit, well, most likely everything.

Things come in threes, right ?

Yep - that seems to be the case.

Opened the post to find a final reminder for my gas bill. This bill being the same one I have a direct debit setup for just so that this sort of thing never happens. Called the gas company to hear that "it may be a problem their end and they'll look into it for me and will let me know at some point".

"...at some point" !?!?

Erm, would that be "some point" be immediately then, seeing as you've just put the possible-gas-cancellation-in-error fear of god into a customer on a morning before he's even had his breakfast ? I should bloody think so !

Their hold music is the tune "Happy Together".

Yeah, I'll be happy together with you, me and a blowtorch powered by your own gas...then lets see how "at some point" you'll sort this rubbish out.........

UPDATE:

Oh, and I now find a certain orange vegetables blog has vanished too.

Maybe four is the (not so) magic number in this case ?

1 Comments:

At 6:31 pm, Blogger Onkroes said...

Damn damn damn, I just looked in on Lucretia to find her missing as well :-(

I guess she's taken Retarius's lead and gone off to find a(nother) life, but it's our loss. :-(

Anyway, hope today got better for you mate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home