Friday, June 3

Wheels today, gone tomorrow: Lucretia2 leaves home.....




A car is simply a means to get from A to B

A car is a simple mechanical device

Cars do not have feelings

I have hardly driven my car in the last 2 years

All this time it's been sitting around doing nothing I have been paying road tax, car insurance, breakdown cover, MOT's and services and will therefore be both saving money each month AND easily afford a hire car or train ticket as needed in the future

So why therefore, with all the above being true, do I now feel really, really terrible sitting in my place after just coming back from selling my car ?

I've not missed it all the last 2yrs when I've not been driving it because I've known it's there. I know it's the right move but it's the first time in about 18yrs without a vehicle.

So, to Lucretia2, the Ford Ka2 that could, I say goodbye.

{Oh, and I'm now going to be buying a new mp3 player tomorrow - selling the metal lump isn't all bad news ;o)

3 Comments:

At 8:11 pm, Blogger Jen Jordan said...

She's so cute!

I still think about a car I bid adieu to thusly do I feel your pain.

At least you have a pic of yours.

Oh, I've gotta go (sob).

 
At 9:20 pm, Blogger Ray Banks said...

well, if you're going to give away that shoddy old mp3 player you've got sitting there... it IS my birthday. Ahem-hem.

 
At 12:59 am, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Tis a sad thing to say farewell to the Carpy-mobile... and you know, she is a bit of a little hottie! =) All in all, sounds like a wise choice even if a little emotional. Oh, and she would want your old mp3 player to go to Ray... {wink}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home