Tuesday, May 31

Stringed planks playing on new boards.......

In further developments over at The Towers, I've just had word from a friend that a local building is being turned into a new music venue, to open in October this year. Being a fan of live music I'm exceedingly glad to get another possible place to go and see people.

This is part of the "Carling Academy" chain and as such mean that we'll almost certainly be getting some good named acts trundling around as part of their tours. We have plenty of small college/bar sized venues and a hulking great arena but little inbetween - this may help fill that gap

We've already booked two tickets to go and see Cradle of Filth in December so expect some reports of broken/bruised/mangled limbs some time after that point. This being the band that helped give life to the "Carpathian" side of my name, I'm somewhat especially pleased.

The Carpathian is happy now - it's always the case with a live gig on the horizon.

2 Comments:

At 4:47 am, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

I'm excited for you! It's always wonderful to get new music venues; and that one looks as if it will be quite nice.

Ah yes, Cradle of Filth... 'Funeral in Carpathia', was it? Taking Gargy this time? =)

 
At 2:06 pm, Blogger Onkroes said...

Glad to hear you're going to get a new place to go - hopefully that'll mean more music too! My haunt growing up was Newcastle City Hall (for the bigger acts) and the Mayfair for smaller bands (though that didn't neccessarily work as I saw Bon Scott's AC/DC at the Mayfair).

Anyway, for no readily apparent reason, here are my top 5 CoF tracks:

1/ Nymphetamine
2/ Her Ghost in the Fog
3/ Babylon AD
4/ Cthulhu Dawn
5/ Twisting Further Nails

What are you faves?

And btw, oddly enough, most people I know have difficulty understanding what I hear in them, while I maintain they just don't have the ear to hear it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home