Thursday, February 10

If you don't want to know, ask a policeman

Further to the post below it seems that the boys in blue, er, yellow are already working on other acts for when their policing days are over. Stand up comedy being one of them.

Whether it's the grizzly beard, the studded "Very Metal" gloves, the jaunty hat or just the fact they've never had the chance to stop a Sasquatch (tm Ray) before I'm not sure.

I was stopped three times in 400yds this morning and the conversation, directly quoted to the best of my ability, went as follows:-



Morning Sir, can I ask where you're heading this morning ?

Yeah, I work just over there, under that large aerial {points across river}

Are you walking this way tomorrow, Sir ?

Well, I was hoping to - do you know which of these two bridges will be open for use ?

No Sir, we're not sure which - they don't tell us anything.

But one of them will be open ?

Certainly Sir, yes, unless we close them.

So you might close them ?

We don't know, Sir.

How about the bank I come down to get here ?

Yes, that'll be open for pedestrian access....
{pauses}
......unless that gets closed as well, Sir.

Do you know when that 'll be decided ?

We don't know when we'll know, Sir.

Thanks for the help officer {sigh}


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home