Wednesday, February 9

"Be seeing it"

Only about 37 years too late I've been watching the, er, unique series "The Prisoner" on BBC4. Starring Patrick McGoohan, Leo McKern, some blazers and a big white balloon or two this achieved cult status amongst many, many people since then.

When driving to north Wales (Porthmadog, to be exact) to go on drunken camping trips we'd pass the turning to "the village" at Port Meirion but I was never interested in investigating as, at that point, the series had never really caught my imagination.

Having started to watch it I'm now determined to catch the final episode.

It's not to see if he escapes or to see if "Number 1" wins but just to see if there's one single episode in the whole series that I understand from start to finish. God knows I've not come close so far.

"You are number 6"

No I'm not, but I am bloody confused.

1 Comments:

At 4:41 pm, Blogger Ray Banks said...

Ahhh, I told you it was great, didn't I?

And here's a little trivia for you - Patick McGoohan had to go into hiding after the last episode aired, he was getting that many death threats...

Dem bones, dem bones, dem DRY bones...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home