Saturday, March 26

Really virtually real.

I'll keep it simple and short tonight. My brain is deciding to malfunction a little and, as a result, I'm fighting off a headache.

To show I'm nothing but fair I'll leave you with enough info to give you one too. See, caring and sharing as ever.

If you've ever been interested in computer graphics, film special effects, simulation of the real world, light or making things photorealistic, then this is for you.

I'd especially advise to start with the "Fiat Lux" film simply because it's quite extraordinary and one of the things that kept my interest in computer graphics in the first place. It's worth the large download if you can - I'm sure it'll make an impact.

There's lots of fascinating stuff scattered in, and outwards from, here:-

Paul Debevec Home Page

Suitably inspired, here's my messing with HDRI (read the site, you'll see) - the same object lit purely by it's surroundings and with no other fake lighting. All made on my lovely black PC. Note the way the same object takes on the effect of the colour, angle and intensity of the surroundings.


Courtyard attempt.



Outdoor closeup.



St Peters version.



Final version.

Yeah, it's geeky, that I'll grant you, but I bet you've seen a film where this sort of thing has been used......

1 Comments:

At 12:44 am, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

It is all very interesting, and the link made MY brain hurt... so much to check out! Sort of makes me think of how people will insist they all see something different when in fact, it is all part of the same whole.

Hey... can you work this PC magic on your Easter Mice?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home