Sunday, March 20

Around the world in 80 clicks.

Having recently got myself a shiny (well, ok, it's matt black) PC I've been realising that my view on the speed and stability of broadband was a little wrong. It seems, from recent results, that my old PC was simply too slow to decode the sheer amount of info flowing at it - and here was me thinking that the quality I was, or to some extent wasn't, getting had been purely down to my router or ISP.

So, with this new found power I thought I'd revisit something I'd tried without success before - streaming internet TV stations.

Over the last 20mins I've crooned along to Mexican music channel VideoRola, been seeing the headlines on South Africa's SABC news and even being whisked to far-flung shores on JAL-TV, Japan Airlines TV channel !

If you fancy seeing what's on then two good starting points are Smart Streams or wwiTV

UPDATE:
If you fancy something a little different then try SpecialRadio, an alternative/punk/metal/goth/industrial/weird stuff TV channel from the Russian Federation - I've had it on for the last hour and it's certainly, erm, different in a good way...you'll find it over HERE


2 Comments:

At 9:53 pm, Blogger arthur decko said...

matte black is the coolest color in the world. everything looks 200 per cent cooler when it's matte black. thanks for the radio link, that will be on my favorites list now.

 
At 1:20 am, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Definitely going to check out that link! Has to be better than what I have here anyway...lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home