Tuesday, March 15

Making a (ro)dent in my sleeping patterns.

I guess it had to happen sometime.

I really don't know whether it was down to drinking Absinthe on a fairly empty stomach, the Ghoul Detail tracks I was listening too or maybe just having had a long day at work. Which ever the reason was, I know one thing for certain:

The dream I had last night scared the living daylights out of me.

I remember 'waking' (if, indeed, I did) with a sense of confusion at a noise somewhere nearby but couldn't get a grasp on what it was. A sort of beeping, like a distant fire or burglar alarm, but all over the place note wise. As I concentrated on it I realised it was actually in my room and even lent over to see if my clock radio had come on for some reason - nope, nothing doing that end. The noise got louder and seemed closer, almost around me but with no obvious source. Bloody scary.

Then, as quickly as it had started it stopped again. I wish at that point I'd realised it wasn't the worst bit.

I recall going to the kitchen at that point though I can tell in the morning that I hadn't got up. I opened the cupboard door to get something - just something, no real thought what - and there in front of me was a very large rat. Caught in the mousetraps I have in there it just sat there and looked at me before baring it's teeth.

I slammed the door of the cupboard at that point and I'm sure the bang it made in my head is what woke me up for real. 3:30am and I'm freaked.

How scary was it ?

Well, it must have taken about a minute before I got the courage up to open the kitchen cupboard door this morning and, of course, there were just three empty traps in there - just as there most obviously had been all night.

I don't normally have nightmares of any sort - in fact I couldn't think when the last I had was at all. It may even be back as far as my childhood days. I dream, very often in fact, but never anything like this. It was so vivid that I can still see the rodent in my head if I think of it now - even the strands of fur and the eyes looking back at me.

This was not a good night at the Towers.

2 Comments:

At 4:01 pm, Blogger Jen Jordan said...

As a rampent psilocybin mushroom user in college, I awoke one night having forgetten I had a rodential pet. My little guinea pig, Fig, scared the living shit out if me with her "wheeet, wheeet" and the teeth.

She went to live with my sister.

I got a cat.

I found out cats can get a contact buzz from your sweat when your drop acid. She played with a lot of invisible mice.

I usually dreamed of mazes when I tripped.

Ramble.

 
At 10:02 pm, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

From one vivid dreamer to another, I feel your pain. One night I saw very large scissors hanging, points down, right above my bed. And I was awake. And no drugs were involved. It was days before I could sleep in my bed again.

I am interested in finding out more about the absinthe, though. It has been a mild obsession of mine for years...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home