Wednesday, March 9

When Boring Days Attack.......

I'm sure I've used the phrase "Be careful what you wish for" in here, but if I haven't then now would be the time to start.

Whilst walking home from work today I was wondering what to blog about. It's been a pretty nondescript day and apart from the usual hilarious banter (well, you know what I mean) there really hasn't been much to write about.

Reached the Metro station to find a crowd of people outside looking a bit fed-up and a Metro employee waving people back if they got within a short range of the entrance. Turns out there's been a fire in one of the tunnels. Not the best thing to hear when you're about to try and use the damn thing.

After shuffling my feet side-to-side for 47 times (no, I didn't count but that's how tedious it was) we were told that although the Metro wouldn't be stopping at that station they were now able to pass through and, if we caught a bus from the terminus next door, we could get a train from a station either side and carry on the journey.

Wandered over to the bus station and was scanning the signs to try and work out where on earth to stand and we were then shuffled out of there too as "there was a fire alert in place still". Not the best coordination between the services but, more by luck than judgment, managed to find the right place.

Stood there, exchanging random meaningless chat with the other people forced to find another way home, in the way that only the English can. Deep, meaningful fluff. After about 15mins noticed that people were starting to just walk through the inside of the terminus without being stopped so made a break for it, just in case.

Yep, there were people wandering into the Metro quite happily and not a fireman or Metro staff member to be seen. Jumped on a packed Metro (actually the third one to come as they were so full) and started the few stops home.

Found myself exchanging glances with a rather cute raven haired passenger. Stupidly beautiful eyes and some serious curves. Rather a pleasant diversion and more than unexpected. The odd glance I can put down to random chance but this was repeated and spontaneous on both sides. Just deciding whether to open my mouth and say something unadvised and stupid (let's be honest, that's how it would have turned out) and realised my stop had come round. First time I'd have killed for a longer journey home.

Wandered in, dropped off my jacket and went to put the shopping I'd got into the cupboard.

So, there it was, my third surprise of the day.

Mickey (or, at least, a close relation) has returned. Cold and dead, lying in a metal trap.

Some of you may remember around Christmas that Mickey, Minnie, Jerry, Pixie and Dixie had come to stay without first arranging boarding fees or some sort of agreed fee. I'd tried all sorts of non-lethal methods but in the end had to resort old wooden traps - not pleasant but unless you've had mice in your house you really won't realise how it affects the way you view your place.

Every slight move of something or the tiniest noise makes the senses go into overdrive, just in case, food gets moved, routines for which doors can be left open get messed around and small but vital other things which destroy ordinary life.

That's not to mention having to de-trap mouse corpses - a singularly unpleasant thing, and the next thing I'll have to do after posting this.

Tonight is now dedicated to retrapping in the kitchen, blocking under doors etc and ensuring bolt-holes etc are still sealed up. It's going to be a rather shite and uncertain few days again until I know if the rest of the family had come along as well.

So, dear blog readers, think twice before you wonder what to write about and hope that something comes along.

I did and was late home, left wondering what might have been AND invaded in my own home.

Maybe skipping a day's blog wouldn't have been so bad after all.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home