Friday, March 4

Keeping things totally PC

Got my new PC last night.

{purring noise}

I've gone from a PII 450 to a P4 2.8 and whilst some of you may be saying "What, only a 2.8 ?" to me it's like some kind of voodoo and it's going to take my soul.

To quantify how much difference this is going to make at the Towers I tried rendering a 1024x768 mountain range on Terragen. Before, with all the settings pumped up to "stupidly ambitious", it would take in the region of a couple of hours.

Now it completed before I'd finished boiling the kettle.

I think I'm going to like this ;o)

1 Comments:

At 12:56 pm, Blogger Just Somebody said...

The extra power means I can realistically look at doing a render in Terragen of that huge planetary cliff.

I just have to find the DEM (if it exists) and import it......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home