Monday, March 14

Ten Miles Beyond The City: The Challenge

Oh, come on, as if I could resist a writing challenge on a blog.

Saw the "15min challenge" over at Ten Miles Beyond The City and the picture was so strange, so puzzling, that I was hooked from the off.

So, in some 14min and 50secs, I put this together and was surprised at the outcome. Ok, so the photo led itself to something dark and ambiguous, but it was unexpected for it to turn into something like this. Maybe the 15min limit forces a distillation of sorts ?

Either way it was quite enjoyable and when the entries die down over there I may well start one over here.



What do I say, when he returns ?

Do I open my mouth to speak and hear my silence break the air or allow the words to fall free yet be ignored as if muted.

Do I listen for the slightest sound, the slightest giveaway ? Do I make noise and block out the real world.

She sits there, by my side, blindly trusting whilst I sit here the same yet different. We both rely on those we love.

I can feel the air on my legs. Though I can't see my skin I can map every inch of it as the draught passes over it. It reminds me I'm alive.

The ties hold me, loving me with the embrace of an unconditional love. Not too tight but there, always there. Even when I'm elsewhere in my head they are still there, faithful in their task.

When he returns I'll love him.

As the hood is removed I'll see him focus in my sight, see him form into the figure I already know by inch.

For he trusts me enough to go with me, to slide the hood and leave me, no question as to why.

One day he'll realise why I do this, why I allow my mind to run unhindered.

On that day he'll sit and take the blindfold in turn, and he will love me all the more.

1 Comments:

At 11:49 am, Blogger Just Somebody said...

I was looking to turn the obvious interpretation (women held captive in trouble) on it's head and leave her in the position of power and there by choice. I'm quite pleased with it for 14mins work - it keeps the power shared between the person in the picture and the person unknown out of it.

As for the Jarboe and Swans mention - yeah, love them both. The "Neurosis and Jarboe" was one of my favourite albums of last year and The Swans "White Light..." is one of my favourites full stop !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home