Thursday, January 20

Genius is in the house.

Having booked tickets in September last year, some five months early, I was expecting a normal show for the latest genius double album "Abattoir Blues / The Lyre of Orpheus". Instead, rather wonderfully, I read the new details for the late February show in the brochure today.

Why am I happy enough to post this on here ?

Read on:-




"A malevolent and beautiful musical force for over two decades, Nick Cave plays an exclusive solo concert for The Sage Gateshead.

From his nihilistic early days in the Birthday Party, to becoming Kylie Minogue’s favourite bad influence, Cave has always been uncompromising. This is a rare opportunity to see an intimate solo show."

3 Comments:

At 7:21 pm, Blogger Jen Jordan said...

I love mr. Cave but I can't help but wonder if he'll play with his back to the audience, flip everone off and leave.

I know everone's agog over the latest, but I still love Murder Ballads and Your Funeral, My Trial.

That man really knows how to glower.

 
At 7:59 pm, Blogger Just Somebody said...

You said 'Murder Ballads' and therefore score one bonus point. Their latest is wonderful - a double album with barely a duff track is a rare thing these days.....

If he does a proper show, which I'm obviously hoping he will, then bear in mind that "The Sage" is considered already to be in the top three or four venues in Europe acoustically.

 
At 11:23 pm, Blogger Ray Banks said...

You. Are. A. Bastard.

My only consolation is that I'm not sure I'd want to see Cave by himself. Like Jen said, he's apt to just tell yez all to fuck off. At least if he's with the Bad Seeds, you know you're gonna have a rockin' good time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home