Monday, November 14

Undead, Undead, Undead ...........quite literally

Peter Murphy
Daniel Ash
David J
Kevin Haskins


Recognise the names ?

Excited yet at what this post might be about ?

If you don't then this will mean very little to you, but if you do then you're most likely sitting up and taking notice with a large number of thoughts going through your head as to why I'm mentioning them.

Yep, it is what you might dare to hope. Swing the heartache no longer.

Bauhaus, one of the few post-punk bands worthy of the label 'seminal', have reformed and plan to make a new album in 2006. More importantly, and why I'm posting this, is that they are playing a 14 date European tour at the start of next year....and I've just got a ticket for Newcastle in January !!!!!

There are some bands you give up ever having the chance to see, let alone in their main line-up. This, for me, was one of them. You can probably guess how big my smile is now.

So, kids, don your best black outfits and join the bats, back in the belltower where they belong.

Undead ?

So it seems !

3 Comments:

At 2:58 pm, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

I so adore Peter Murphy; solo, with the band... whatever. If I could locate my bauhaus sticker, I'd go put it on my car just in celebration of this event! =)

Need I say I'm jealous?

 
At 3:52 pm, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Yes FM, LiVeWIre is often confused but in this case, she is quite sure that she is indeed jealous. Just for the record and all...

 
At 4:15 pm, Blogger Just Somebody said...

Whoops !

What have I started here ?!

Luke: I'm not sure how the CD will turn out but I feel they had a lot yet to explore when they split waaaaay back when. It wasn't a bad split but mostly due to Pete's illness at the time and Ash etc having music they needed to make, even if it meant going off away from Bauhaus. If they can get that spark back (which, from reports of the reformation gig they did in Germany a while ago, they have) then they still have a chance. Murphy's solo stuff was pretty good since then so who know's how it'll end up ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home