Monday, October 24

How quickly dust settles in this place !

So, morning all.

what's that ? You're surprised to see me ?

Well, I was in the neighbourhood and thought I'd drop in and check the locks etc. You know how it is when you leave properties empty for a while. I'm surprised that the windows are still in one piece, though I guess The Towers location makes it a little less prone to that sort of thing.

Thanks to those who'd dropped messages of support through my letterbox - they'll have noticed that I've collected the post from the doormat and am therefore back to where I left things. I really appreciate the interest and whilst I can't guarantee a post a day, I'm going to see about getting the covers off the furniture and settling back in. It's a nice property with good neighbours so it's too good to miss.

Oh, I did think about having a grand re-opening party but you'd have to bring your own booze....and food.....and, er, party. Hey, I'm still offering a venue though, that's something - right ?

It might take a day or two to get things into a state to be liveable again, but if you see a light on here then worry not - it's only me.

3 Comments:

At 11:27 pm, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Yeah, watch it or Luke may bring me. =) Glad to see that you've stopped by to check things out at the Towers again. It was kind of sad going by and not seeing any lights on...

Welcome home.

 
At 9:31 am, Blogger Onkroes said...

To welcome you back I'd like to give you a starter for 10, if you will? Prepare a cd and play it at the party! (I thought of it while driving to Leeds in the car, but not sure when (if ever) I'm going to get the time to post it myself!)

It's a music post....
how did you first hear of some of your favourite bands?

Let's see...
1) Counting Crows - browsing in MVC in Southend on Sea, they had the 'live in NYC' album playing and while wandering round I thought, "damn, this is good", I asked at the counter, and walked out with the album, didn't take long before I had all their albums - great stuff.
2) Al Di Meola - The Friday Rock Show, Tommy Vance, 1982, played Electric Rendezvous from the Album of the same name - fantastic, now have almost all his albums.
etc...

It's a browse down music memory lane, and good to remember your sources!

I just thought it'd be good to hear what your sources were and your favourite bands! And party CDs are always fun!

 
At 8:20 pm, Blogger Just Somebody said...

Good to see you found your way here, ladles and jellyspoons. The door is always open and feel free to pop by anytime.

Luke, you should ration yourself on the snacks - I have a finite source for now !

Livewire, nice to see you keeping an eye on The Towers. Like a neighbourhood watch scheme to ensure nobody steals my windows.

Onkroes, your music idea was cruel - you know you have me unable to resist by doing that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home