Wednesday, November 9

Like shaking hands with a distant person.....

An odd day today.

Last day of my leave before going back to work tomorrow but it was kinda bitty and all over the place.

Rather than just relaxing I had people coming round to upgrade the firmware on my TV, a visit from the gas people to put a new gas meter in and I needed to go to the sorting office to pick up a parcel.

In case you're curious the parcel was lalleshwari 'lullabies in a glasswilderness', a wonderful new lo-fi release by Katie Jane Garside. Some of you skanky types may remember Daisy Chainsaw or more recently have heard of Queen Adreena ? This is she from those.



A cd, a book and a DVD beautifully presented as a package - I had one of the first 100 copies so it's numbered, signed and the book has Katie's handprint on the back a la the pink bits in the pic above. You can feel the veins and marks - it's wonderfully tactile and such a beautiful personal touch. Those people clicking the link above will have the notes in their head for ages - just to warn you and all that.

Also I'm writing something which evolved out of something else - a prose piece which kinda came out of a single sentence and totally took over my head for a while. It might go on here or it might not.

I have to keep you on the edge of you seat, don't I ?

{grin}

1 Comments:

At 4:01 am, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Of course I vote for it going on here, but I'm like that... ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home