Saturday, November 19

Mums gone to Iceland

Just got back from the film - really excellent.

Although the director couldn't make it for the festival showing (he was still in Iceland waiting for a much delayed plane) we got a nice ever flowing supply of wine and huge comfy seats. Watching a movie on the big screen sunk into a mini-sofa with a big glass of red in your hand - that's very nice, trust me.

The film is amazing though, it really is. Seeing people like Sigur Rós, Bjork, Mum (hence the UK advert parodying post title) et al on the big screen is just amazing, especially with a big surround rig like you'd never have in your home. It's a great mixture of scenery, interview, music video and live footage - the glimpses of very early footage of Bjork and Einar Orn in their respective first bands is mint !

It made me want to go to Iceland. It made me want to start a band. It made me want to walk on a windswept coast. It made me fall for Bjork all over again - god, she's so amazing and that's too easily forgotten. It made me laugh. It put a lump in my throat.

All in 87mins - that's quite some going.

Those of you blessed with a large pocket of musical taste will be really stoked to hear that 90% of the bands in it are quite incredible - seems people like Sigur Rós are no unique fluke there. If anything there are some that are easily as good and could have been there instead.

If I wasn't at work on Monday I'd have gone to the other showing again, that's how good it was.

I'm off to find the soundtrack album online, even if only for "Odin's Raven Magic" by Sigur Rós and Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson.

Don't let this film pass you by - your heart will bless your ears for making the effort..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home