Sunday, July 10

Art, film, oriental drinks and the prelude to counting sheep........

I'm keeping this short today as I'm basically really, really tired and meant to be heading to bed to get some z's. I fell asleep watching the tv this afternoon which is something I never do so I'm taking my bodies advice and only burning the candle at one end.

Just chance for a quck round up of the last few days:-

Go and look at some of the art created by Livewire over here and more recently, alongside a musing of hers, over here. I'm hoping to see more as time goes on.

Get your hands on the "DiG!" rock-doc - seven years in the lives of the Dandy Warhols / Brian Jonestown Massacre. Even if you don't like the bands or, as is possible, have never heard of them then it's a hoot of a watch and one of the better examples of the genre. Watch the human condition, both good and bad, unfold by turn. Also some great drug-addled oneliners and fights.

Seek out bottles of "Honey Green Tea" - found a new Oriental shop (surprisingly NOT in the Chinatown part of Newcastle) and tried one icecold from the fridge on a stupidly hot day. Wonderful. The store also sells Pretz and Koala biscuits as seen is this earlier post of mine and a whole load more things I'm curious to try.

Oh, and you'll notice I've not commented on the obvious news from the week after the events in London. Enough has been said already by many more qualified than I and anything else, especially from this end of the country, is somewhat redundant.

This Carpathian is now heading to bed.

Goodnight one and all, even if it isn't night where you are........

1 Comments:

At 1:08 am, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

I'm thrilled that you found some goodies closer to home than where the originals came from! The tea sounds incredible and I'm glad you are able to find such pleasure in those sorts of things.

For now, I hope you are resting and recharging (as all good Carpys should...). Thank you for the kind mention; I'm just glad you found something to enjoy in the pieces I posted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home