Monday, June 27

Sailing the seas of change..........

Just a quick note of things happening here at The Towers in the next week or so.

Having been with my service provider for about 10 years or more I've been paying each month for an "unlimited, unmetered account" and quite happily smurfing the W3 quite happily.

Suddenly, out of the blue, I get a letter telling me I'm using more than my monthly allowance. This isn't after the first month of doing so by all accounts - they waited three months then tell me I've been over for that period and that I'm a very naughty boy and they may cut my legs off at the knees (cancel my account).

Hang on, wind that back and just think about that for a second...... more than unlimited........

How can you use too much of something that supposedly has no upper limit ? Struck me as kinda odd so I phoned to find out which guest celebrity comedian was working in their office this week, sending out the joke letter and such like hilarious pranks.

Seems like they have clowns, no less, working in their planning department too.

With as little warning as possible they decided to levy a cap on adsl users unmetered accounts, only mention it in tiny small print changes to the terms of service, not notify anybody if they tripped over the new rules AND charge people the same as for the previous service as well.

I've decided to therefore give Wanadoo (such an ironic name in the situation) the heave ho and set sail for the distant shores of Blueyonder. I'll be starting the swap to them in the next few days.

Anybody mailing me on my GMail account will still be read with no hassles but I expect a little downtime blogwise whilst I migrate my smurfability - I'll be moving from dsl to cable so I'm sure there will be some sort of confusion and calamity in the swap. Anything involving two men in a van running fibre-optic cable is just sure to fail on the first attempt.

The moral of this tale ?

The grass CAN sometimes be greener on the other side, especially when somebody slides concrete silently under your feet where you stand.....


1 Comments:

At 5:42 am, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Yes, more than unlimited... dare you question their authority on the matter? Well, I wish you a smooth transition. Hmmm, let me know if you change to smoke signals in the interim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home