Tuesday, April 12

12 minutes - beat that.......

What's the shortest time you've ever owned a DVD ?

Can you beat around 12 minutes, because that's the rather sad record I set for myself yesterday.

It's simply done.

Buy DVD. Walk to market. Spot some great Cantonese sauces. Buy sauces. Go home. Realise the DVD was put down whilst paying for sauces.

Ho hum.

It'll be a great test of the human condition - if the bag was found did somebody hand it in to the person running the stall and, if so, will they have it there if I go in today to check. As much as I've got faith in people I have a horrible feeling copy number two will be purchased today.

Oh, and yes, this one will be stapled to me until I get home ;o)

UPDATE:

Walked up to the stall and had only got the words "I was here yesterday buying some sauces and I may have...." out of my mouth before the person behind the counter stopped me by reaching under the counter and producing said DVD. She even proceeded to mention that she hadn't found anything to identify the owner for certain or she'd "have let me know sooner".

Ok, I owe the human race and, to my great shame, this wonderful person, an apology. Maybe the good is still drifting round out there.

So, lady working on the food stall in the Grainger Market, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, should you ever read this I thank you again for your efforts.

Oh, and Ray ? It was only a £7 copy of Bram Stokers Dracula, bought to fill a gap in my collection. Which DVD it was hadn't been the issue in question. Showing that I'm quick to believe the worst though hoping for the best, has proved to be the outcome.

6 Comments:

At 9:53 am, Blogger Ray Banks said...

I'd feel sorry for you, but without knowing what DVD it was, that's impossible.

 
At 2:58 pm, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

True Ray. Could have been a really sucky movie like Pulp Fiction... (ducks to avoid being pelted by flying stones and other heavy, pointy objects.)

 
At 4:23 pm, Blogger Ray Banks said...

The only reason he got Dracula is because he just found out Tom Waits is in it...

 
At 4:28 pm, Blogger Just Somebody said...

Actually I picked it up as my original copy was lent out to somebody and, to my chagrin, I've neither had it back nor can remember who had it.

 
At 5:30 pm, Blogger Jen Jordan said...

Soooooooo, you enjoy movies with horribly rendered accents puncutated by hilarious overacting with really chessy effects?

Don't tell me you enjoyed Frankenstein? Ack! Ack!

 
At 5:38 pm, Blogger Just Somebody said...

We all have our vices - at least this keeps me from the bear-bating for a while.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home