Saturday, April 9

News updates when you're asleep.

Mother Carpathian and Father Carpathian (no, silly, not members of the church) are coming up to stay this weekend and, as this Carpathian needed to get a few things done first, I'll apologise for the lack of updates.

That's the longest I've gone without a post and I'm both ok about it and (due to the fact I feel the need to explain) wish I'd dropped others inbetween. Interestingly though nobody went into a panic, mailed me or started a campaign. I'll just assume that you knew I was simply busy, ok ;o)

So, back to the post proper or there's a chance that the preamble will be longer than the reason for posting. Ah, this line didn't help that, did it.

I'm never less than surprised at the things the brain does at unexpected times.

I went to bed last night feeling totally fine and drifted off to sleep like every other time. I had a really odd dream though. The Carpathians parents arrived at the station and I walked up to greet them and.....I'd lost my voice totally. No croak, no half-words, no comedy noises. Nothing.

Now there are those of you that will say it's a psychological reaction to deep down feelings - you know the sort of thing I mean. I don't because I know what happened next.

I woke up this morning with a throat feeling like I'd been gargling broken glass.

So, obviously my self-monitoring system spotted this even whilst I was asleep and made me aware of it in the only way it could at the time. That's actually quite clever when you think about it. I wonder therefore if other dreams, usually associated with feelings or subconcious desires, are actually more of a medical bulletin ?

Is the falling feeling just when a leg or foot moves off the end of the bed, for example ??

Strange though, all the same.

Right, I'm off to finish making the Towers look like it's always neat and tidy - even Carpathians like to have their gargoyles shiny for visitors.......

4 Comments:

At 5:35 pm, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Let me just say that the falling feeling has quite a high suck quotient.

As far as your voice/throat... would it be a bad thing to say that it could be payback for rendering me speechless on several occasions here in blogland? Ok, then I won't say it. =)

Um, yeah, glad to see that you could fit us in your busy schedule... been wondering where you've been! ::ahem::

Enjoy time with Mama and Papa Carpy!

 
At 1:55 am, Blogger Jen Jordan said...

I had two dreams in back to back that defy explaintion even with your very clever and probable medical theory.

The first involved the band Kiss as superheroes and I joined their ranks in this sexy red and black spangly costume. In my dreams, I should for hours to find it and ended up making my own.

Second dream, I lived in a beautiful old house with my new husband (no name given). We were poor but happy. Until... the serial killer came after us. Me, specifically. I would send my hubby off to work in the morning, a look of trepidation on his face (as my mom would say, where else would the look be?) and I would retreat inside of this gorgeous old house that featured huge picture windows everywhere. One morning, as I sent the man off, the killer came roaming up the street seconds after the car left the driveway. He came walking right up the walkway to the front door. I barely had time to shut it and lock it before he was there. The whole time all of this is going on, Oliver Newton John's "Have to Believe We are Magic" is playing. The part where she sings: "I'll be guiding you..."

I woke up crabby, in need of a long shower and a huge coffee.

I was worried. But I didn't want to be the first to mention it.

I'm shy...

 
At 9:32 am, Blogger arthur decko said...

i don't know about the whole dreams as messages thing, but i do know a shiny gargoyle is a sign of welcome....do you actually have gargoyles? i like them much and have some around to talk to...sad but true...they arn't shiny though..i should shut the hell up now...

 
At 12:03 pm, Blogger Just Somebody said...

Livewire, you cheeky thing - seems I'll have to try to keep you speechless more often I think !

Jen, I found the choice of music scarier than the killer ;o)

Lucretia, they were coming here (to the Towers) and it went very well indeed.

Retarius, you shall have a gargoyle picture post coming soon !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home