Friday, February 18

See you. See me. CD.

Do you want to know something ?

I have a project on the go which was going to remain secret for now but, because I'm in a good mood, I'll clue you in. I'm building a compilation album full of old, unusual or generally loved tracks from my now sprawling CD collection and, later in the year, you can all have a copy.

Obviously, when I say all, I mean those in our little Blog community - not everybody who reads this. If that was the case I'd have to start building my pressing plant and hiring staff now. It'll be the people I blog on, the people who blog on here and those who've become eMail buddies as well. The little silver blighters will therefore hit many countries if plans go through.

The cover is done and a number of tracks are already being "road-tested" on my MP3 player - more on this idea at a later date though.

Just though I'd wet your appetite, that's all ;o)

4 Comments:

At 11:18 am, Blogger Just Somebody said...

Ah, and another IB implodes, live on air ;o)

 
At 12:42 pm, Blogger Just Somebody said...

Well, the only three tracks I have pencilled in as definite are as different as chalk and cheese (and a third very different thing).

Other than that I'm being an awkward so-and-so and not saying. Suffice that some people are bound to like some, and others are bound to love others.

Isn;t that the fun of this sort of thing ? ;o)

 
At 11:10 pm, Blogger Onkroes said...

Sounds good to me, find tracks you really love and want to share with other people, burn them onto CD, share, receive plaudits.

Maaaaaaaybe a tad illegal, but, what the hell.

I used to do this for friends too - copy a bunch of random (and usually eclectic) tracks onto tape and pass around, if you don't like it, wipe it and use the tape. I stopped when a friend of a friend-recipient told me they'd put it on at a party and all "had a good laugh"... b*st*rds (not that I'm bitter mind, not me).

Hey... anyway..... blog ya later :-P

 
At 11:39 am, Blogger Just Somebody said...

A single track, especially by an artist who gets little other press, is to me a great thing to end up in other peoples hands.

They'll still have to go and search out more by them if they're liked so new favourites are still found that way.

Works for me !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home