Tuesday, February 15

"Time for bed" said everybody together.

I'm having a good day today - work is marching in step and people I know (both near and far) are falling on the right side of the coin. When I'm in this mood I get creative so just need inspiration to get started.

Funnily enough, round about that thoughtful point this morning, a mate sent me a text which started an odd conversation about the new Magic Roundabout movie and who were providing the voices.

That got me thinking and "Boing !", inspiration was born.

It struck me that the trend these days is to have stars provide the voices for animated features but, against their normal use, to have them try to be the character and NOT inflect anything of themselves into the role. Surely if you pick a star voice the character should gain something from them to make using that person worthwhile.

I therefore present, for your slight enjoyment, my view of how this could (and I'd say should) have worked out....

Tom Baker .... ZeBadDee (voice)
Would have said: Boing ! I'm the slightly naughty character.
Should now say: I'm going to tie you down with my scarf, would you like that ?

Jim Broadbent .... Brian (voice)
Would have said: Wait for me, I won't be long.
Should now say: Being a snails not like the good old days....

Lee Evans .... Train (voice)
Would have said: Choo choo.
Should now say: Choooo CHOOO !! Oooooh ! WHISTLE !!! Chuff Chuff ! Er !! WOO WOO !!!! Ah !

Joanna Lumley .... Ermintrude (voice)
Would have said: Moo. Anybody got any nice flowers to eat ?
Should now say: Stoli, anybody ? I'm going to have to lie down at this rate...

Ian McKellen .... Zebedee (voice)
Would have said: Boing ! Time for bed, children.
Should now say: By the powers bestowed to me on the mount of....oops, wrong role.

Kylie Minogue .... Florence (voice)
Would have said: Come on everybody, let's try and solve this.
Should now say: Strewth, can you see my cute arse in this short skirt !?

Bill Nighy .... Dylan (voice)
Would have said: Hey man, anybody want to hear my far-out guitar ?
Should now say: Anybody for a nice glass of Cabernet, chaps ?

Robbie Williams .... Dougal (voice)
Would have said: I'll help for a sugarlump.
Should now say: Gimme an oatcake or I'll bloody well entertain you, like it or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home