Sunday, January 23

Yes, Lucretia, even the Subaru.....



I've just been watching the highlights of the first race in the 2005 World Rally Championships - a snowy, icy trip around the hairpins and sheer drops of Monte Carlo.

They actually do this for fun, do they ?

Two in hospital, three cars losing wheels, one car hitting and demolishing a telegraph pole at high-speed, spectators just getting out of the way as metal screams straight at them with no brakes, inhaling smoke inside the rally car cockpit.........

Actually, on second thoughts, bring on round two ;o)

4 Comments:

At 11:56 pm, Blogger -- said...

Oi, I never spectate any form of sport; not even passively on TV. That does, however, seem _extremely_ risky, but then this is coming from someone @23, who's never had the interest in getting a driver's license.

..I would probably be close to the mark when guessing that this kind of manouvering demands some expertise, and a good mapreader, -or whatever those "nasal"-speaking, shotgun-riding dudes are referred to as.

..Reminds one of Mulholland Drive scenarios..
=) / (=

That Norwegian guy, Petter Solberg farked up his ride, I've heard, perhaps it was here? ..He appeared in the paper, with an "I bend down for soap" -facial expression today, so he surely didn't win; whereever he was racing.

 
At 12:08 am, Blogger -- said...

And, oh.. In retrospect, the picture remotely leans towards my 'slippery-soap' -remark; for here he is, in his "fresh 'outta jail" -attire..

 
At 8:09 am, Blogger Just Somebody said...

I had a feeling somebody dissing the Scub and the Sol might get your wrath. Glad you didn't let me down, Luc ;o)

 
At 9:56 am, Blogger -- said...

Heheh, that's how it goes.. =)

Carp: ..You kindo lured me in, didn't you? =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home