Monday, January 17

Killers, thieves and lawyers.

Thanks folks.

No, that's not sarcastic - that's genuine.

Spent Saturday morning combing the shops and ended up with a number of Tom Waits albums. (A pile of Tom, a heap of Waits ?). After the very generous Ray threw me a good handful of the darn things this was really the only outcome, wasn't it.

I also took on board Lucretias point to not "rush" Tom and to take it all in. In honour of that advice I promise to stop buying them when I have them all. Does that count for you ?

Rain Dogs, Swordfishtrombones, Real Gone and Blood Money now grace my CD shelves and rather than moan at the extra burden I'm sure I saw the wood beneath them trying their best to clear space for more.

Who am I to disappoint my furniture.....

1 Comments:

At 6:14 pm, Blogger Jen Jordan said...

I agree that Wait's is a mood thing. And each album is a different mood.

What sucks, though, is you listen to Waits and pretty much anything you put on afterwards... sucks.

My fave songs:
Please Call me, Baby

Waltzing Matilda

Shiver Me Timbers

Cold, Cold Ground

 

Post a Comment

<< Home