Monday, March 27

Time for a post....for some time.

So, that's rather scary then.

I turn over to see what the South Bank Show is doing tonight and it turns out it's a special on PD James. This, in an odd way, reminds me immediately of a certain Mr Banks who'd also like to do a special on the said same person. Only in his case it would be one of those Mortal Kombat moves that she wouldn't write her way out of.

So, this thought in mind, I hop over to his virtual place and end up having a read through the last couple of posts I've missed. They're stupidly readable (or readily stupid, I forget which) but then I spot that he's kindly linked to me due to the Julian Cope stuff I'm foisting on him on an increasingly frequent basis. I'm glad to see the Arch Drude sinking into Rays musical make-up - he's one of those artists that does take a couple of listens before the payoff and many never get that far.

It's all fair though as he keeps me on the Waits and narrow (sorry) too and we do overlap on a few things, especially recently. The Black Heart Procession is one of them, by the way, so go search them out and love them too.

Anyway, I used the word 'scary' at the top and unless I link back to it you're going to think I make this up as I go along. That'll never do.

What's so scary (see, I did it) is that it's been a month since I posted last. A whole gang of weeks or, if you will, a full club of days. I was thinking to myself that I was glad to have posted recently in case anybody popped by.....then I find it's actually been that long.

It's a bit of a surprise. How do you lose that gap of time ? It's not like a tangible thing you find in one of your many trouser pockets after washing them ("Hey, I found those four days - damn they're clean now")
so where do these periods go ?

The only thing I can think of is that they break free and end up going to those people who live to be 140 or whatever. They say 'money goes to money' so I'm guessing that 'time goes to time'. It's a radical idea, and one which I have no backup for, but I'm sticking with it unless any of you provide a better thesis on my desk before the bell. 300 words minimum and no double spacing.

Next time I fail to post for a few days you'll now know I'm just selflessly extending somebody elses life.

The scary thing (yes, I've got a second payoff from one lead line) is that I have PD James to thank for this train of thought.

2 Comments:

At 5:26 pm, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Your comment about finding days in your pocket really had me laughing! That's a very 'Carpy' thought! I was considering you emailing you and giving you a nudge for a post but knew you'd do it in time. Figured you were out enjoying things, as it should be. I'll be back to check out those links, as well.

 
At 7:41 am, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

Hmmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home