Wednesday, February 1

Bat where they belong......Bauhaus '06

Bauhaus from Monday night then - I reckon I ought to post something.

Soooooooooo good - far better than it had any right to be.

The setlist included the following:-

Burning From The Inside
In The Flat Field
God In An Alcove
In Fear of Fear
Terror Couple Kill Colonel
Swing The Heartache
She's In Parties
Spirit
Passion of Lovers
Silent Hedges
Kick In The Eye
Hollow Hills
Rosegarden Funeral of Sores
Stigmata Martyr
Hair of the Dog
Dark Entries
Transmission feat St. Vitus Dance
Telegram Sam
Ziggy Stardust
Bela Lugosi's Dead


The cover (and a quite breathtaking one at that) of Joy Divisions 'Transmission' was dedicated to "a dear friend" - the place went ballistic !

This Carpathian is soooooooo happy right now - been wanting to see them since '79 (literally since then) and when I did they were everything I'd hoped.

I stood no more than 4ft from Peter Murphy through the show - (un)dead centre and at the front. The guy is a certifiable genius....or a genius and certifiable ;)

Anybody wondering about going to a gig on the tour or if they still 'have it'....let me tell you they are still as vitally captivating as ever and beyond the scene that spawned them way back when.

Probably in my top five gigs ever.

4 Comments:

At 8:17 pm, Blogger Just Somebody said...

Well, you did ask ! ;o)

 
At 7:29 am, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

I'm officially jealous. I am fascinated by Peter Murphy - I believe he is certifiable and a genius (most are!). I have many memories linked to Bela Lugosi's Dead... sounds like a great show!

 
At 7:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi you? Ever get on the PA Anymore?
See me here: you coming to see Ministry in London?

laters
Bod

 
At 7:35 pm, Blogger Just Somebody said...

Oooh, ello ! Not so often these days - it all just got a bit silly on there and I kinda drifted away. Maybe for the new album I'll sniff around there. I'll be sure to say hello when I go back on !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home