Wednesday, August 3

Ship in a bottle / days in a post.

Just thought I'd drop a quick update on as I've not posted so much over the last few days.

There's no real reason for the lowered wordcounting, just one of those times when nothing really noteworthy is happening. When I started the blog I pushed like crazy to get at least one post in every 24hours and for a few months it went ok.

Times come round though, as in other things, where this means the effort is somewhat forced. I've seen a few others either fall by the wayside or wipe things and start again, partly (if I'm right) due to the feeling of pressure to blog overiding the actual need or desire to. I got through this myself and now enjoy being able to either post 23 stupidly involved and picture filled things or just an odd thing as the mood takes me. I think it's less of a chore that way.

So, to sum up the last few days or so I'm going to open my mouth (keyboard) and see what sound (things) come out. If you're lucky I'll put some pics in too. You like pics, don't you ?

Anyway, here goes:-



raiding my Siouxsie and the Banshees back catalogue
swooning over pics of Siouxsie Sioux (as ever)

growing to love the latest Queen Adreena album
working on a remix of the Curve track "Unreadable Communication"



leaping about to the Japanese garage rock of Guitar Wolf
hearing the new Opeth album

drinking green tea to relax
making Japanese cold barley tea
trying Korean Kimchee and wanting to try more



.....watching the Tall Ships build up
enjoying the crowds and markets
and watching the Tall Ships dwindle again......

preparing for the new football season by buying £70 of Wolves clothes/merch



wondering whether to clip the climbing roses by the front door
arguing with my old ISP
buying a ticket to go and see Goldfrapp

sending a gift to far away friend.......
.....receiving a surprise from a far away friend

ordering three more Takeshi Kitano movies
saying hi to Sir Bobby on the Quayside
recounting two embarrasing tales from my past to somebody

playing snooker for the first time in ages



Actually, when you condense even a few days like this, you do then realise that there have been quite a few things going on that you pass by without a second thought.

Hmmm. I'm glad I took the time to do this after all..........

5 Comments:

At 8:04 pm, Blogger LiVEwiRe said...

A glimpse into the life of my favorite Carpathian is always an enjoyable thing.

Now, with the tall ship pic... it would appear that someone is about to be flung off the mast. Did you have anything to do with that?! =)

Glad to hear that someone managed to get a well-deserved surprise in on you!

 
At 8:10 am, Blogger Just Somebody said...

It's very much a work in porgress right now but pretty much in the style/form it'll end up.

I'll see what I can do to get a copy to you....

 
At 9:00 am, Blogger Onkroes said...

New Opeth album? [ears prick up]

And it's interesting to see another Geordie who doesn't support 'the Toon'!

 
At 9:22 am, Blogger Just Somebody said...

It's called "Ghost Reveries" and is a huge thing - there's now more keyboard work woven through it all and it's a the Opeth style we all know and love - varied and pinging off at tangents more times in one track than many do in an album. It's heavier but proggier too - it somehow manages to be more "out-there" than previous but still stay totally in character. It's really rather good....

Wolves fan for 30+ years, mate - nothing as precious as Old Gold !

 
At 1:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carpathian reveries ! C'est la vie !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home