Monday, January 3

Television, drug of the nation......

Maybe the Banks was right - TV is evil.

Just turned the box on for the first time today and I'm presented with Chris Tarrent holding what looked like a baby llama in his arms, pointing it's anus at his wife and threatening to "let her have it". Didn't stick around long enough to see if she "got it" or not.

On flicking around I have the alternative of a ringtone advert for a frog which (doesn't) sound like a motorbike, the "Xtra Factor Special" (surely an oxymoron ?) and home shopping offering "Body Reform Pick of the Day".

All this on a 32" screen. {shivers}

Ok Ray, I think you win a point on this one.

5 Comments:

At 9:39 pm, Blogger Ray Banks said...

Banks is right. Banks is always right. Here endeth the lesson.

 
At 11:40 pm, Blogger Jen Jordan said...

I think that it's funny as all hell. Of course, the llama ass was not pointed at me.

I find T.V. evil on this day due to nappy mood getting me sucked into Jaws 4 - which has the worst animitronic shark death ever at the end. At least I got to see Mario van Peebles get eet.

 
At 1:06 am, Blogger Ray Banks said...

Jaws 4... Would that be the one with Michael Caine? The one where I wished he said: "D'you know, that's a BLADDY BIG SHARK!" and various other Caine type things (mostly from The Italian Job and Get Carter).

 
At 2:57 am, Blogger Jen Jordan said...

Yes, a very bloated Michael Caine romancing that straw haired skeleton of a leading lady whilst the pockmarked sharked went leaping football fields out of the water to eat people over and over and over and over again.

 
At 5:04 am, Blogger Just Somebody said...

Jennifer - I'm lucky enough to have not seen past the Jaws that had no number trailing after it. You have my full sympathy and I hope the scars of the viewing heal soon. Anyway, don't you mean an animatronic Mario van Peebles ?

Ray, your next task is to write the screenplay for the film you would have preferred it to be. Somewhere in there you'll obviously need to insert:-

"I only said to blow it's bloody fins off"

Oh, and an undersea car chase in sub-aquatic mini's. Thats a given.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home