Monday, January 3

A few endorsements

In a vain attempt to have people find me by random search success here's a few very random things I endorse. It may elicit freebies winging their way over from the places and companies involved but thats just me dreaming again. I do that, you know, as you'll come to discover.

Guinness - only the "extra cold" variety of course. One can find snobbery in all things and I'm starting the strand on the Irish cold stuff right here.

La Fee Absinthe - people who know me are most likely sick of hearing about this stuff already (Right, Banksy ?). Recklessly easily available, louches like a nimbus party, causes leg and head ability to vanish in opposite directions (as it should). Oh, and don't drink it neat Slug - I've warned you once. I'll blog more on this - consider yourselves warned.

Rio Nitrus MP3 player - it's not an iPod. Yeah, shocking eh ? 1.5Gb is enough for some 50+ albums and it's small enough to lose in a shallow pocket. Wonderful for being ignorant of people you know whilst in town. One has to keep up the icy metal facade somehow...

Trillians Rockbar, Newcastle - it's a bar and it's in Newcastle, though the intelligent among you had worked that out already I'd hope. Cosy, dark, great bands on (sometimes) and the jukebox goes from Slayer to Radiohead with many surprising tangents inbetween. Have seen bands like Katatonia, Amon Amarth (windmills, eh Barnes ?) and the wonderfully named Stairway to Zeppelin. Voted the Seventh Best rock Venue in Britain in the Kerrang readers poll (as if that means anything in real money)

2 Comments:

At 11:45 pm, Blogger Jen Jordan said...

Guinness room temp, not ice cold, you beer heathen!

Never done Abi Synthe, though I grew the wormwood it's made from. Saw the Tim Roth movie in which he tossed himself about in a psychotic haze - what is the name of that damned movie - I'll check. Hold on. Deceiver! That is on odd little movie. Get this plot: PLOT: Walter Wayland (TIM ROTH) is a rich playboy son of a wealthy textile magnate. Clever and uncannily brilliant, Wayland is the prime suspect in the murder of Elizabeth (RENEE ZELLWEGER), a prostitute who was found cut in half. Wayland claims he's innocent, but the police believe he's responsible and want to prove his guilt. Thus, he's given the standard set of tests by polygraph technicians Phillip Braxton (CHRIS PENN), a divorced cop with huge gambling debts to a bookie, Mook (ELLEN BURSTYN), and Edward Kennesaw (MICHAEL ROOKER), a cop with twenty years on the force and a shaky marriage to his wife (ROSANNA ARQUETTE).

As their polygraph tests begin, the cops learn that Wayland may have temporal lob epilepsy, a condition that may have caused him to murder Elizabeth and not remember it, or conversely cause him to imagine that he committed the crime when he didn't. As the two cops try to manipulate Wayland into confessing, he in turn begins playing mind games with them by exposing their formerly hidden and quite dark secrets.

Creepy, weird but very enjoyable movie.

Quite the babbler, aren't I?

 
At 4:57 am, Blogger Just Somebody said...

You "babble" with a purpose and direction, so that makes it alright. I'm hardly linear at the best of times.

I'll still agree to disagree over the temperature of the black-stuff but as long as you're in the Guinness camp I can hardly hold that as a point against you.

You do have me curiously interested about that movie - that may be the cheese I ate last night combined with lack of sleep though. Again, you'll get the benefit of the doubt on this. I'm all giving, aren't I.

Feel free to ramble on though - it's nice to see other people have tangents too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home